Chest and abs…two muscle groups that are always fan favourites (along with biceps of course!). And because they’re pretty important ones as well, the following is a good chest and abs home workout that requires no equipment.
This design is simple: to crush your chest and abs while sticking to the HHN principle (tough and time-efficient workouts!). Because we’re working with no equipment, pushups make up a lot of the chest exercises – luckily there are so many pushup variations and it’s such a great exercise to do.
I go back and forth between chest and ab exercises to give each muscle group a slight break before working it again.
The Chest And Abs Home Workout
Note: as always, make sure to warmup and watch a Youtube video for any exercise you haven’t done before. Not only will it make your routine more effective, it can prevent injury.
- 8-12 pushups (form is more important than speed here)
- 8-12 v-ups (video here, can skip to about 1/2 way through for example)
- 8-12 wide grip pushups
- 30 seconds of mountain climbers
- 8-12 burpees, pushup included (video here, starts at 1:10)
- Plank until you flop
These are recommended reps for a 3 set workout. Adjust up or down as needed.
How The Workout Should Look
Here’s how the workout should look from start to finish:
- 3-5 minute warm up (light jog and/or stretch)
- Set 1: pushups, v-ups, wide grip pushups, mountain climbers, burpees, plank
- 3 minute rest (or 3 minutes of jogging or stair climbing if you want more cardio and don’t need the rest)
- Set 2: pushups, v-ups, wide grip pushups, mountain climbers, burpees, plank
- 3 minute rest (or 3 minutes of jogging, jumping jacks or stair climbing)
- Set 3: pushups, v-ups, wide grip pushups, mountain climbers, burpees, plank
- Cool down (usually a stretch or jog or both, depending on time)
You shouldn’t be able to do a single pushup by the end of this one!
Give the chest and abs home workout a try and let me know what you think! I always love to hear feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org and thanks for reading!